Open for public comment
Consultation documents open for public comment are listed below.
Comments are requested on the questions contained within the relevant response form for each consultation document and are invited until COB on the date indicated using the below submission process.
- Download the consultation document and relevant support documents from the Resource Library.
- Download the relevant consultation response form from the Resource Library.
- Provide comments within the response form.
- Email you response sheet to NCCawareness@abcb.gov.au. Please include the title of the consultation document in the subject line of your email.
The NCC and short-term accommodation in apartment buildings
The ABCB has developed a discussion paper to facilitate broad public consultation on the subject of the NCC and short-term accommodation in apartment buildings, such as through platforms such as Airbnb and Stayz. This paper has been developed in response to concerns from some stakeholders.
The discussion paper aims to:
- outline the role of the NCC and associated building classifications;
- explore concerns raised previously in relation to short-term accommodation;
- discuss and seek feedback on the effectiveness of the voluntary Industry Code of Conduct;
- consider other approaches, such as those being explored by the NSW Government;
- explore options to address concerns that are within the remit of the ABCB and NCC;
- present conclusions as to options considered to address the concerns previously raised; and
- provide opportunities for stakeholders to outline their views, provide evidence and feedback on the options presented and allow the suggestion of new options
Comment on this consultation document is closed.
Thank you for your feedback.