NCC 2019 Public Comment Draft
NCC 2019 is open for public comment.
The key elements of the proposed amendments include:
- new quantified performance metrics and Verification Methods;
- improved fire safety measures;
- removing the ablity to use bonded laminated material where a non-combustible material is required (further information is in the supporting overview document)
- increased levels of energy efficiency for commercial buildings;
- revised Acceptable Construction Practices (ACPs) in NCC Volume Two;
- new Acceptable Plumbing Practices (APPs) in NCC Volume Three; and
- improved readability, including standardised Governing Requirements across the NCC.
The below table outlines the complete list of public comment draft documents and additional supporting material.
In addition, Consultation Regulation Impact Statements will be available for comment on 2 March 2018, relating to accessible adult change facilities, fire safety in mid-rise apartments and hotels, and energy efficiency for commercial buildings. Information relating to the consultation process for these documents will be available upon their release.
For a comment to be considered it must be submitted by Friday, 13 April 2018 using the process described below. Only comments related to the proposed changes for NCC 2019 and supporting documents, identified with a bottom banner, will be considered.
Please note: Information submitted will not be released unless required by law, but may be made available to the ABCB and its committees if required. Information collected may be subject to requests made under the Freedom of Information Act 1982.