The NCC and short-term accommodation in apartment buildings
The ABCB has developed this discussion paper to facilitate broad public consultation on the subject of the NCC and short-term accommodation in apartment buildings, such as through platforms such as Airbnb and Stayz. The Paper has been developed in response to concerns from some stakeholders.
The discussion paper aims to:
- outline the role of the NCC and associated building classifications;
- explore concerns raised previously in relation to short-term accommodation;
- discuss and seek feedback on the effectiveness of the voluntary Industry Code of Conduct;
- consider other approaches, such as those being explored by the NSW Government;
- explore options to address concerns that are within the remit of the ABCB and NCC;
- present conclusions as to options considered to address the concerns previously raised; and
- provide opportunities for stakeholders to outline their views, provide evidence and feedback on the options presented and allow the suggestion of new options.
To ensure you have your say, please complete the response form provided. Feedback on the discussion paper is invited until Sunday, 8 April 2018 and can be emailed to NCCawareness@abcb.gov.au. Please include the title 'Discussion paper: Short-term accommodation' in the subject line.