The Plumbing Code Committee (PCC) is the ABCB’s peak plumbing technical advisory body. The PCC is a valuable national forum for regulatory authorities and industry to consider technical matters relevant to plumbing regulation reform and plays an active role in assisting the Board in meeting its obligations under the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Guidelines and the Inter-government Agreement.
The PCC will operate in alignment with the ABCB’s Building Codes Committee (BCC) to ensure a coordinated approach to building and plumbing regulatory reform.
- A senior representative of the ABCB (Chair)
- A representative of the Australian Government
- A representative of each of the State and Territory Governments
- Air Conditioning and Mechanical Contractors Association
- Association of Hydraulic Services Consultants Australia
- Australasian Fire and Emergency Service Authorities Council
- Australian Institute of Refrigeration Air-conditioning and Heating
- Engineers Australia
- Housing Industry Association
- Master Builders Australia
- Master Plumbers Australia
- Plumbing Products Industry Group
- Property Council of Australia
- Standards Australia
The role of the PCC is to advise and make recommendations to the Board on—
- technical matters relevant to the Plumbing Code of Australia; and
- strategic policy relevant to plumbing control matters; the merits of proposals to change the PCA to assist in the development of the ABCB Annual Business Plan; and
Provide advice and guidance to the ABCB Office—
- at key stages of technical projects; and
- on the overall direction and development process for technical projects the review and endorsement of Project Management Briefs.