The Plumbing Code Committee (PCC) is the ABCB’s peak plumbing technical advisory body. The PCC is a valuable national forum for regulatory authorities and industry to consider technical matters relevant to plumbing regulation reform and plays an active role in assisting the Board in meeting its obligations under the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Guidelines and the Intergovernmental Agreement.
The PCC operates in alignment with the ABCB’s Building Codes Committee to ensure a coordinated approach to building and plumbing regulatory reform.
The committee includes a representative of:
- ABCB Office
- Australian Government
- State and Territory Governments
- Australian Industry Group
- Air Conditioning and Mechanical Contractors Association
- Association of Hydraulic Services Consultants Australia
- Australasian Fire and Emergency Service Authorities Council
- Engineers Australia
- Housing Industry Association
- Master Builders Australia
- Master Plumbers Australia
- Plumbing Products Industry Group
- Standards Australia
The role of the PCC is to advise and make recommendations to the Board on—
- technical matters relevant to the Plumbing Code of Australia (PCA); and
- strategic policy relevant to plumbing control matters; the merits of proposals to change the PCA to assist in the development of the ABCB Annual Business Plan
Provide advice and guidance to the ABCB Office—
- at key stages of technical projects; and
- on the overall direction and development process for technical projects.