Frequently Asked Questions
The NCC has three volumes:
- Volume One contains the requirements for multi-residential, commercial, industrial, public buildings and associated structures.
- Volume Two contains the requirements for residential buildings, non-habitable buildings and associated structures.
- Volume Three contains the requirements for plumbing and drainage for all classes of buildings.
View or Download through the NCC Suite.
The classification of buildings and structures can be found in Part A6 in the Governing Requirements of the NCC.
Compliance is achieved by meeting the Performance Requirements. Refer to How it works for more information on the structure of the NCC.
Compliance can be achieved through a Performance Solution and/or a Deemed-to-Satisfy (DTS) Solution. Watch the ‘NCC: meeting the performance requirements’ YouTube video to learn more.
The NCC Performance Requirements can be found:
- at the start of each Section in NCC Volume One
- in Section 2 for NCC Volume Two
- at the start of each Part in NCC Volume Three.