Designing in Bushfire Prone Areas course now available
The ABCB has released a new NCC CPD course on Designing in Bushfire Prone Areas for design practitioners.
What does this course cover?
This new course is the first in a suite of courses for design practitioners and describes NCC requirements relevant to design in designated bushfire prone areas.
This course covers:
- bushfire behaviour
- mechanisms of bushfire attack on buildings
- principles for assessment of the bushfire attack level (BAL)
- general and specific construction requirements
- relevant NCC Performance Solutions and Deemed-to-Satisfy (DTS) Solutions
- an overview of AS 3959:2018, and
- wider considerations for design in bushfire prone areas.
Who should take this course?
This course has been prepared for design practitioners including:
- Building designers and
- Other specialist practitioners.
This course may also serve as general introduction to other building practitioners including:
- Project managers responsible for coordination of design and,
- Stakeholders participating in the design of buildings in designated bushfire prone areas.
Where to purchase this course
Available online now at the special introductory price of $40 plus GST, this one hour course will help you get ahead of your CPD requirements.
You can purchase the course from the NCC CPD website.
Make sure you have subscribed to stay up to date with the release of future courses.