NCC Tutor is a suite of dynamic and engaging PowerPoint presentations in a structured module format addressing key topics about the NCC. It has been designed primarily for educators in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector to assist in training their students to understand and competently apply the NCC ahead of their future careers in the construction industry.
How has NCC Tutor been tailored for VET educators?
The modules have been tailored to suit the Construction, Plumbing and Services (CPC, CPC08) and Property Services (CPP, CPP07) training packages for Certificate IV and Diploma qualifications. The modules have been mapped to relevant units of competencies (UOCs) to better support educators’ need to test their students’ competencies against required knowledge and performance criteria in relevant UOCs.
The modules are ‘ready-made’ for educators to deliver face-to-face or virtually. They include in-depth facilitator notes, in-class activities and assessment quizzes. The modules can assist educators to provide their students with additional in-class opportunities to review, discuss and apply their knowledge of the NCC.
A key difference between the new NCC Tutor and its earlier editions, is that each module has been structured into three key learning areas:
- Understanding – These core modules explain fundamental concepts and understandings about the NCC that are essential to understanding the remaining modules.
- Using – These are practical modules that take trainees through the process on how to use a particular Volume to locate, interpret and apply different requirements.
- Example – These modules contain a detailed worked example of how to locate, interpret and apply the requirements of a Volume to a real-world building project.
The first release includes six modules:
- Understanding the NCC
- Understanding the performance-based code
- Understanding building classifications
- Using NCC Volume One
- Using NCC Volume Two
- Using NCC Volume Three
Up to 11 additional modules will be released in the coming months.
How to access NCC Tutor
NCC Tutor is specifically for use by educators from Registered Training Organisations (RTOs), Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions and universities.
Interested stakeholders are invited to submit an online enquiry to request access to the modules. Please select ‘general’ then ‘resource’ and include the name of your education organisation and reference to NCC Tutor in your enquiry.