NCC 2019 Amendment 1 preview released
Access the preview of the out-of-cycle amendment for NCC 2019.
In preparation for the expected adoption of NCC 2019 Amendment 1 by all States and Territories from 1 July 2020, the ABCB has released a preview of the Amendment. The Amendment is the product of decisions by both the Building Ministers’ Forum and the Board, including in response to recommendations of the Building Confidence Report.
NCC 2019 Amendment 1 will include:
- a new provision in NCC Volume One regarding egress from early childhood centres;
- an update to the Governing Requirements for all Volumes to require labelling of aluminium composite panels in accordance with SA Technical Specification 5344;
- clarification of the concession in NCC Volume One that permits the use of timber framing for low-rise Class 2 and 3 buildings;
- clarification in NCC Volume Two that anti-ponding board requirements only apply to roofs where sarking is installed; and
- correction of minor errors.
In addition to the above, the NCC 2019 Amendment 1 preview also contains the following proposed changes that are yet to be confirmed:
- a new defined term, building complexity, that may be used in the future to identify buildings for which additional oversight is appropriate; and
- a new provision to require that a process be followed to improve the quality of, and documentation for, Performance Solutions.
Ensure that you keep your NCC profile up-to-date to receive further information concerning the Amendment and other supporting material.