2020 NCC Seminar videos are available now
Watch the free videos on key topics from the 2020 NCC Seminars
Unfortunately, this year the ABCB was unable to visit each capital city to deliver our 2020 NCC Seminars due to issues associated with COVID-19.The seminars were focussed on highlighting changes included in NCC 2019 Amendment 1 and answering common technical enquiries concerning the application of NCC Volumes One and Two. Instead of our usual webcast from the seminars, this year we have created a series of 12 videos that cover the key topics:
- NCC 2019 Amendment 1 update
- Condensation management - which ceiling area do I measure?
- Do control joints in tilt-up concrete external walls require fire protection?
- Can an eave be within 450 mm of a boundary if it doesn’t face that boundary?
- Retaining walls
- Does the gable edge of an eave require a fire rating?
- Vertical separation of openings in external walls
- Is a unisex ambulant facility enough?
- Do I need hydrants to basement levels during construction?
- I don’t want to install a laundry tub – can I use the sink instead?
- Does ‘separation of external walls and openings’ apply to Class 2/3 SOUs?
- Is an internal lining of an external wall a part of the wall?
We apologise for any disappointment caused by the cancellation of this year’s seminars, and we look forward to hopefully seeing you at the 2021 seminars.