Consultation open: Building Manuals - A response to the Building Confidence Report
A discussion paper is now open for public consultation in response to the Building Confidence Report.
Recommendation 20 of the Building Confidence Report (BCR) states that each jurisdiction should require a comprehensive building manual for Class 2 - 9 buildings to be lodged with the building owners and made available to successive purchasers of the buildings.
In response to this, the BCR Implementation Team has developed a discussion paper seeking feedback on:
- the information that should be collected in building manuals
- where information, collected for building manuals, should be stored
- who should oversee creation of a building manual
- possible processes to create building manuals, and
- the types of buildings that should require a building manual.
Your feedback will be used to develop model guidance for states and territories.
Responses to questions in the discussion paper are welcomed until 11:59PM AEST Monday 17 May 2021. Only responses submitted using the online form via the ABCB’s Consultation Hub will be considered.
If you have a question about this consultation, please contact the BCR Implementation Team.