NCC 2019 Volume One Amendment 1
Summary and Instructions
The NCC was amended out-of-cycle prior to NCC 2022.
NCC 2019 Amendment 1 includes:
- an amendment to require (from 1 July 2021) that a process be followed to improve the quality of Performance Solutions and the supporting documentation;
- a new provision in NCC Volume One regarding egress from early childhood centres;
- an update to the Governing Requirements for all Volumes to require labelling of aluminium composite panels in accordance with SA Technical Specification 5344;
- clarification of the concession in NCC Volume One that permits the use of timber framing for low-rise Class 2 and 3 buildings;
- clarification in NCC Volume Two that the anti-ponding board requirements only apply to roofs where sarking is installed; and
- correction of minor errors.
NCC 2019 Amendment 1 is adopted from 1 July 2020.