Climate Zone Map: Queensland
Australia has a varied climate, leading to different locations around the country having different heating and cooling requirements. To account for these differences the energy efficiency Deemed-to-Satisfy Provisions vary from location to location and for simplicity, locations with approximately similar climates have been combined into eight climate zones.
The following provides a brief description of each NCC climate zone:
- Climate zone 1 - High humidity summer, warm winter
- Climate zone 2 - Warm humid summer, mild winter
- Climate zone 3 - Hot dry summer, warm winter
- Climate zone 4 - Hot dry summer, cool winter
- Climate zone 5 - Warm temperate
- Climate zone 6 - Mild temperate
- Climate zone 7 - Cool temperate
- Climate zone 8 - Alpine
These eight climate zones are illustrated in the form of a climate zone map which was created using Bureau of Meteorology climatic data with two supplementary zones added to accommodate an additional temperate zone and alpine area. The climate zone boundaries are also aligned with local government areas and are therefore subject to change from time to time.
This Climate Zone Map is relevant to the Queensland region.