To support the release of NCC 2022 we are providing stakeholders with communications material to assist with promotion. Below you will find links to a variety of written resources that you can use to share information about the NCC across your organisation’s preferred media and communication channels.
NCC 2022 includes some of the biggest changes to the National Construction Code since the Building Codes of Australia and the Plumbing Code of Australia were combined in 2011.
What’s new from 1 May
NCC 2022 contains significant changes in effect from 1 May 2023, including:
- new consistent volume structure
- new housing provisions standard.
Other changes include:
- Early childhood centres
- Fire safety of external walls
- Falls to floor waste
- Number of exits
- Quantification of Performance
- Referenced Standards.
Some major changes in NCC 2022 are subject to longer transition periods, including:
- livable housing
- energy efficiency and condensation mitigation
- lead free plumbing products.
Where can I get a copy of NCC 2022?
NCC 2022 is available on NCC Online.
You can download PDF versions of the 3 NCC Volumes and the ABCB standards from the ABCB website.
Printed copies of NCC 2022 can be purchased from our commercial providers.
How you can help?
Let your stakeholders know about the release of the NCC 2022 by:
- Using the campaign content provided below in your communications
- Engage your networks through social media via events, stories etc.
- Check for updates and new campaign materials