Our new Apartment Energy Efficiency Handbook is now available. This handbook provides guidance on the energy efficiency requirements for Class 2 apartment buildings. It also complements the Housing Energy Efficiency Handbook released earlier this year. Together, these handbooks are intended to help you understand and comply with the latest requirements for energy efficiency.
These energy efficiency handbooks:
- focus on available compliance options
- provide links to other guidance and support materials
- consider the needs of various types of practitioners.
The Apartment Energy Efficiency Handbook includes guidance on new Performance Requirements and compliance pathways, an increase in thermal performance stringency, and provisions for electric vehicles and renewable energy equipment.
The changes to energy efficiency provisions in NCC 2022 are intended to:
- reduce energy use in apartment building design
- reduce energy use by key equipment in apartment buildings
- improve occupant health and amenity.
The Apartment Energy Efficiency Handbook is the latest in our large range of handbooks and guidance materials to support your understanding of the NCC.